Monday, January 08, 2007

Playing catch up again...

It has been a while since my last post and I apologize. I will try and post about every 2 weeks now.
First, I want to say thank you to everyone that has sent me emails of encouragment. I really do enjoy getting them and I think I've been able to reply to everyone of them. MMA really does have the best fans.
I also want to thank my sponsors. The newest one being www.ufcjunkie.com. It is a great website that they update very regularly to keep everyone informed of what is going on in the UFC and MMA in general. Since signing with them I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from regular visitors to their site, which only makes me more excited than I already was to be part of the team. Also, Full Contact Fighter (www.fcfighter.com) has continued to support me, providing me with any training and workout gear that I need, as well as my gear for my upcoming fight.
We are approaching 2 weeks out from the fight and I couldn't be more excited. What a great opportunity for me to step into the UFC and straight into the main event!! My training has been going great. I just got back from a training camp at the Damage Inc. gym in Indianapolis where I spent most of my time improving my boxing with the help of Wes Ramey. I may keep this fight on our feet, we'll see. Either way, I have gained a lot more confidence in my hands.
My strength and conditioning are also right where I want them. I will not get tired during this fight at all.
Other than that, Missy is doing great. She has really taken to being a mom and doing a great job at it. Marcus is wonderful, almost 6 months old now and about to crawl anyday. They grow up so fast.
Take Care.

7 Comments:

Blogger Performify said...

Sean,

We're likewise glad to be on board Team Salmon as a sponsor, and wish you all the best in final preparation for your upcoming fight with the king of Lay And Pray :)

As bloggers ourselves, much respect for actually keeping a solid blog and keeping it upgraded. Keep putting the time in here, it will pay off with your fans getting to follow your career.

-Performify
UFCjunkie.com

5:05 PM  
Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

I'm rooting for you, Brother. If you want to stand toe-to-toe I think you should check out the Castillo v. Corrales fight from two years ago for inspiration. O.K. once again best of luck!

1:40 PM  
Blogger penxv said...

Congrats to both you and Rex (I heard about Rex).

Evans will be favored, but he is only a juggernaut against guys that he can outwrestle. His hands are good, but he doesn't appear to be a great finisher or have lights-out power. I think that it isn't a bad matchup for you at all and it will be a main event on national TV (only a handfull of guys in the sport have ever had that).

Plus, he's going to have all the pressure on him.

Good Luck.

- Matt Masterson

8:51 AM  
Blogger Theo_musher said...

Dude,

I hope you are Okay. You looked really good in round one.

7:13 PM  
Blogger son of ares said...

hey Sean, I had never heard of you before but wanted to look you up after the fight. I knew you had to be good to get a main event fight in the UFC on nationwide TV. Could you post on your blog the process you went through to get to the point of getting a deal with the UFC? I think that would be very interesting to read.
It takes alot of guts to stand in that octagon and go toe to toe with another fighter...not the least being Rashad Evans. He's very good fighter. You were really holding your own in there and landed some good shots. I really have to ask this with the utmost respect....at the beginning of round one, were you really tryin to hit him with that jumping front kick (karate kid-style kick)? I didn't know if you were really trying to hit him or what. Much respect bro for getting in there and I wish you the very best of success in your UFC pursuit.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Mat said...

Hey Sean,
how do you fell?
At fight night is the first time i have senn you,you really impress me in the first round man! Very good job, with an opponent like him!
I hope we can see you soon, you are a very good fighter.
Resume your self and make to see
how much six fort!
See you man...

4:38 AM  
Blogger dmancan said...

Tough break Sean. I was impressed with you going toe to toe with Evans. I actually thought you'd take him if you could get him to the mat.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home