Sunday, October 15, 2006

Legends of Fighting...

I am the new Light Heavyweight Champion of Legends of Fighting. I won by submission over 5-1 Bobby Martinez at 1:16 of the first round. I don't know how or when it happened, but I seem to have become more of a jiu jitsu fighter than a ground n pound guy. I am still early in my carreer so we'll see how it all plays out. Before I get going here, I have to thank my managment team, Damage Incorporated. Mike Camp and Scott McCorkle are the man!!!! They put on one of the most enjoyable, fan friendly fights that I have ever participated in. I also want to thank my friends, Brandy Albright and Adam Vaughn for getting some people together and heading to Indy to watch me fight. They should be in charge of after parties for these fights.
My trainers had me more than ready to go, Rex Holman, Josh Williams, Marc Cofer, BJ Hedger, and my brother Danny, and all the guys at Jorge Gurgel's MMA Academy in Middletown, Oh.
My managment is now in talks with a very prominant MMA promotion and I promise to keep everyone updated. I have only been fighting for less than a year, but big things are about to happen and I appreciate all the support and kind emails that I recieve.
Other than that, things are going great. My wife, Missy has really taken to motherhood and has become a GREAT mom. Marcus is getting bigger by the day (they grow up so fast). Although, I don't know what I would do without my in-laws, they have helped so much that "thank you" just doesen't seem like enough.
My next fight is this coming Friday the 20th of October at the Mosonic Temple in Cleveland, Ohio. It is another Fight Fest card that is part of the tv series and tournament. You can watch it every Sunday night at 10pm on Sports Time Ohio (basic cable).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home