Thursday, April 27, 2006

Fight Fest May 6

Alright, so you may have noticed that my shot at the Reality Light Heavyweight title is put on hold. Todd Going(my opponent) dislocated his shoulder and can not compete. It is a rough sport and sometimes surviving a training camp is an accomplishment in itself. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope that we can square off in the future.
I decided that I could not wait until May 20 to be put in a cage with someone. So my training partner Josh Williams got me a spot on the Fight Fest card in Youngstown, Ohio. So, on Saturday May 6 I will be fighting Jim Bundy(1-0) at the Chevrolet Centre in Youngstown. I am very excited for this fight, because it is in Ohio which makes it easier for my friends and family to see and since I had already been training for my Reality fight I was already in shape. Thank you Josh for getting me on this card.
On a side note, I have ordered Team Salmon Fighting t-shirts that will be done tomorrow(Friday, April 28). I will be selling them for $20. You can contact me at salmonsean@yahoo.com if you are interested.
My training camp this time around has been great. I have spent a lot of time focusing on my weaknesses, which has made me that much more confident. I feel that I am really at the point where, everytime I step in the cage, I am more and more comfortable.
After this fight, I will be fighting on May 20 in Atlantic City. This will be a big fight for me, I am being paired with someone that should make me a substantial underdog. I asked my manager to not tell me my opponent for that fight until after the May 6 fight. I would hate to get knocked out, because I was looking ahead. I will also be fighting on June 30 in Atlantic City on the Cage Fury card. I am really trying to put myself in the ideal position to get my shot at the UFC. So, keep checking back, I will post updates as I have them.
We are now down to less than 13 weeks before Marcus Lee is born!!!! Missy and I are incredibly excited and realize what a great time this is for us. Thank You to everyone that has wished us well and/or prayed for us. We really do appreciate it!!!
The Next Level

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home