Wednesday, March 08, 2006

What's going on...

Alright, the quick update....I have resumed training. Lifting heavy, submissions, and plan on starting and working on a lot of boxing within the next week. My manager Gary Marino is working on a deal for my next fight with Reality Fighting out of Atlantic City, New Jersey. Obviously, I will have the details posted as I get them.
I said when I started these blogs that I would talk about things other than fighting. So here it goes. I just had one of my best friends get in touch with me after 2 and a half years, Jeremy Zemach. The thought that comes to my mind the most is a lyric from a song called "wear sunscreen". Some of you may remember it as the comencement speech that they put to a beat. Anyway, the line in the song reads, "the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were younger." I was reminded of this fact when Jeremy called. Jeremy has been one of my best friends for as long as I can remember. He was the friend that would always travel to U.S. Nationals in Vegas and spend the next couple days out there with me. Jeremy lives in Michigan and has made more trips down here to Ohio to visit me than anyone else I can think of. Everyone should be so lucky to have a friend like Jeremy in their life. So back to the meaning of the song lyric...last Sunday night when Jeremy got ahold of me, we fell into talking the same way we always did. It was like we never lost the 2 and a half years. The best part however was the stories we talked about. You don't realize how many memories you forget as time goes by and Jeremy gave some back to me, as I'm sure I gave some to him and some that I remembered, he remembered differently. I can count the number of people on one hand that I still keep in touch with from when I was younger, so I can't explain how happy I was when Jeremy found me. Thank You Jeremy. I guess I am putting this out there as a reminder to people...if you have an old friends phone number or address, get in touch with them. It will be worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home